Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Some of my finishes and WIP

Hello All,

I have complete a small piece that I purchased at Celebrations. I actually finished it a day or so after Celebrations. It is from Faithwurks, it is a small wooden spool with a garden stitchery theme with the phrase "You are my sunshine." I stitched it very quickly and placed it on top of my sewing machine. I see it every day, and it reminds me of my children when they were young. I used to sing that song to them when they were babies and toddlers. I now sing the song to my niece and nephews, ages 4 and 3 years and 5 months.

Since I dropped and broke my digital camera a number of months ago, and have not purchased a new one yet, I can't show a picture. Purchasing a camera is just one of those things that I have not gotten around too. I will take a picture the old fashion way and then post a pic.

I am currently working on a piece for my nephew, Lucas. He starts daycare in late August and I am making him a "name tag" with ocean/beach theme. My sister and her husband are huge beach people, so I stitched his name and I am adding little beach things to go under his name, a fish, a pail, turtle, seahorse and a little boy floating in the water in a floaty beside his name. I will then sew the name tag onto a large tote bag that I purchased for use to haul all the stuff back and forth to daycare.

The other piece that I am working on is a little freebie from The Prairie Schooler, it doesn't have a name, but it is a little house, with trees, a flower and little rabbit. It is so small it is 33 x 24, so a quick stitch. It is actually my second one, I hope to make a quite a few of these as small gifts for the holiday season or for birthday gifts. The minute that I get bored with stitching them that will be it. There is nothing I hate more than stitching something over and over again. I have done that way too many times.

Denise
In beautiful coastal Maine

No comments: