Well, I have been stitching like a mad woman! If the weather stays the same, I am going to take a guess that I will have many, many finishes. This is from Little House of Needleworks, called Acorns. It came with the Crescent Colors, and this is the first time I tried them out. I did like the threads. This was a fast stitch, I started it Friday afternoon when heading up to Bangor to pick up my daughter. I don't know if I will frame it or try something else. It is small, just 4x4. I think it is the same size as what Nataly had made into "boxes."
Sunday, June 28, 2009
I just finished my scissor holder. I like the look, I wanted it to be primitive and old looking. I think it got it just right. I had to dig out the old sewing machine to complete it and I still had to do some hand sewing. I plan on making a pumpkin scissor fob to match it, but when that will happen is anyone's guess!
Friday, June 26, 2009
Another finish last evening! I completed the last of the backstitching! I changed it up a bit, the school is the home of the tigers, so I decided to use orange fabric for the background. I also added his number to the helmets. I just plan on framing this piece for his bedroom.
Last evening I finished my Halloween Hinezit(spelling?) and I really like it. I purchased HALLOWEEN at Celebrations. I started this project on the way to Bangor and did most of the border on the way to and from. I learned something new while working on this piece, I don't like perle cotton. I decided to use Caron's watercolours to make the border I hated working with it, which also explains why I dislike the halloween tabletopper I have been complaining about!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
What a great stitching day we had. I decided to finish off my project keeper with a matching fob. I used 32 ct antique ivory and stitched a portion of the design over 1 so that it would make a smaller fob. I added matching beads all around the fob and made a beaded chain for the scissors to be attached with. Now it's back to MSA drawing board.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Wow, I just had this roll of film developed from my old camera and I found a picture of the acorn and leaves biscornu I made. I'm not sure if you remember the story but my mom liked this one so much that she took it home with her. The picture doesn't do it justice. I was really proud of my first attempt at this clever pin cushion. I did all of the stitching while I was waiting for the boys at Hebrew school. The top has greens and golds and the bottom has beautiful autumn reds and oranges. I wish I had it in person to share with you.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
This is a tooth fairy pillow that I stitched up for my nephew, Wyatt. It was a partial pattern for a preformed pillow but I didn't have the pillow so I made my own and completed the design with my own pocket and tooth. I whip stitched it together and I am pleased with the results. I dropped it in the mail, I just hope it gets to him before the tooth falls out!!!