Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Flower Urn by Homespun Elegance
This is a project I bought at this year's Celebrations. I bought the pre-finished Stitchery Keep from Olde Colonial Designs and I substituted the floss with new overdyed flosses from Jar Designs. The Jar Designs flosses were nice to stitch with, but because the stitched areas were so small you can only see the color variations on the urn, so I probably wouldn't use them for a project like this in the future. It was a really fun easy stitch. I finished it in only 2 days! Cathy came over to stitch with me on Saturday and I started it then. I finished it up early Sunday afternoon. I wouldn't recommend breaking your foot as a way to get some stitching time, but it sure does make it easy to get lots of stitching done! Not sure what I'll start next. I'm enjoying working on and finishing small projects so I think I'll look through my stash and find something fun to start.